Analysis of South Africa Climate, Average Weather , Temperatures, Precipitation/ Rainfall, Sunshine hours, Daylight hours, Cloudy hours, Relative humidity, Wind speed and Frost:
- Latitude: -33. -59' S Longitude: 18. 36' E Altitude: 42 m (138 ft)
- Cape Town, South Africa has a mediterranean climate that is mild with dry, warm summers and moderate seasonality (Csb).
- The annual mean temperature is very mild at 16.6 degrees Celsius ( 62 degrees Fahrenheit).
- There is a range of mean monthly temperatures of 9 °C ( 16.2 °F) which is a extremely low range.
- The mean diurnal temperature range/ variation is 10.2 °C (18.3 °F).
- The hottest month (January) is warm having an average temperature of 21 degrees celcius (69.8 degrees farenheit).
- July is the coolest month (quite mild) with a mean temperature of 12 degrees celcius (53.6 degrees farenheit).
- The annual mean sea temperature is 16.6 °C (61.9 °F).
- South Africa receives an average of 629 mm ( 24.8 in) of rainfall per year, or 52 mm ( 2.1 in) per month.
- On average there are 101 days per year with more than 0.1 mm (0.004 in) of rainfall (precipitation) or 8.4 days with a quantity of rain, sleet, snow etc. per month.
- The driest weather is in February when an average of 15 mm ( 0.6 in) of rainfall (precipitation) occurs during 4 days.
- The wettest weather is in June when an average of 108 mm ( 4.3 in) of rainfall (precipitation) occurs during 13 days.
- The average annual relative humidity is 77.7 % and average monthly relative humidity ranges from 71 % in January & December to 83 % in May, June & July.
- On average sunlight hours range between 05 hours and 42 minutes daily in July and 11 hours and 05 minutes each day in December.
- The longest day of the year is 14 hours and 15 minutes long on the 21st of December and the shortest day is 09 hours and 44 minutes long on the 22nd of June.
- The longest day is 04 hours and 31 minutes longer than the shortest day.
- There are an average of 2993 hours of sunlight per year (of a possible 4383) with an average of 08 hours and 11 minutes of sunlight per day.
- It is sunny 68 % of daylight hours. The remaining 32 % of daylight hours are likely cloudy or with shade, haze or low sun intensity.
South Africa Climate Graph (Metric | Imperial units)
Embed the Metric Graph!
Simply paste the following html code into your web-page:
Chart in Fahrenheit and Inches
Embed the Imperial Units Climograph!
Include the following code in your webpage to share the imperial climate chart for South Africa on your website:
Figures for Cape Town, South Africa. See also: